- ABOUT US
- BECOME AN AGENT
- FIBER THATCH
- LATEST NEWS
• Southern African cape thatching reed is a natural product that is indigenous to South Africa, and has been used by local families to create sturdy roofs for hundreds of years.
• Cape reed is very effective for thatching, and delivers a thatch life expectancy of nearly 20 years, and in some cases even longer.
• The unique properties of Southern African cape reed thatch, like its solid centre and strong fibre structures, give it amazing insulating abilities that create shades up to 10 degrees cooler in the summer. Further, the insulation can keep the temperature warmer during colder parts of the year. These attributes make Cape reed an excellent choice for hotels and resorts, because the reed doesn’t just have an amazing aesthetic appeal, but provides real utility value by decreasing air conditioning and heating costs.
• Cape reed is versatile and can be used in many roofing and tile applications. In addition, Cape Reed’s appearance makes it a great option for outside and indoor installation. When coupled with Fiber Roofing’s proprietary manufacturing and treatment techniques, there are virtually no roofing designs that cannot be achieved with this material.
• Unlike deforestation that is created by commercial logging activities, the harvesting of Cape Reed actually stimulates growth in the harvest area. This unique ability of the plant to quickly re-take harvested areas makes harvesting a very sustainable process that does not negatively affect the local ecosystem.
• Southern African Cape Reed is prized for its aesthetic beauty and rustic look, but doesn’t degrade or flake; which is often the downside of inferior plants used in roofing.
• Cape Reed tiles are durable under a variety of conditions, and are just as effective in freezing climates as they are in arid and humid environments. This reed is not just an average plant, but is nature’s version of creating advanced technology that carries all the right attributes for structural material.
• At Fiber Roofing we also went a step further, and manufacture our Cape Reed tiles in a way that makes them easy to install. They are pre-fabricated using proprietary glues and treatment solutions. And just as importantly, our experience with installation allows us to create tiles that are easy to install. This saves you time and money on your next project, and most importantly: reduces the probability of installation errors.
• Fiber Roofing’s Cape Reed tiles provide excellent water tightness, and can withstand most rains. This is because we use proprietary assembly methodologies, and specially-trained staff who carefully select pieces of Cape Reed and group them in a way that decreases spacing between reeds to maximize water tightness.
• At Fiber Roofing we also go a step further and can treat your tiles with fire retardant to reduce possibility of accidental damage.
• The savings and economical value of Cape Reed tiles cannot be overstated. Because of their longevity and zero maintenance requirement, and investment in Cape Reed tiles yields significant returns over the life of the product.
Our factory will be closed from the 12th of December until the 12th of January 2020, but we will monitor mails and get back on urgent inquires.